Keep it Fun
Look, there's nothing "fun" about a global pandemic. Nobody likes being stuck at home, away from their friends and Brothers. College is supposed to be the best time of your life, and you're having that precious time stolen by COVID-19. But, luckily, we live in a very technological, modernized world. Having fun with your Brothers is still very possible. Check out a few of the ideas below:
- If you haven't already discovered ways to play games with your Brothers online, now is the time! Besides regular streaming and co-op video games, you can split a Jackbox.TV subscription, play trivia over video call, or make up your own game!
- Netflix now has an extension called Netflix Party, where you can watch movies with people remotely. It may not have the same effect as a normal movie night, but it's better than nothing!
- There are endless workout apps and videos online. Challenge your Brothers to a fitness test and see who can make the most progress each week. Or, combine your workouts with philanthropy and raise money for a good cause while getting in shape!
- Listen to new podcasts, read new books, or find some new music. We even have an organic list of works by (or about) Chi Psis that you can check out.
- Learn a new language, pick up a new hobby, or try your hand at an instrument. Why not? With all this time at home, the opportunity has never been more apparent to learn something you've always wanted to learn.
- Try starting a Chi Psi book club with your Brothers. You can choose one book per month and meet at an arranged time to discuss and brainstorm your next one.
- Connect with Brothers from other Alphas and eras. Alumni are always excited to hear from actives, and vice versa. You can network with some of Chi Psi's most successful alumni and get your foot in the door for a future internship or job. And, at the very least, you'll make a few like-minded friends out of it. Start here, in our LinkedIn group!